Absolute Property Management Limited will charge tenants a service charge of £35% of one months rent plus VAT to rent a property, have a lease drawn up on their behalf and notify services accordingly. This is a ‘one-off’ charge per property and is only refundable if the Landlord should not proceed for any reason excluding false information supplied by tenant. Referencing and credit checks are also undertaken on all tenants the cost of which is £25 plus VAT per applicant.
Before completion, Absolute Property Management Limited will require the rent due from the tenancy commencement date to the end of the tenancies first month in advance and a deposit which is equivalent to one months rent plus £100. (N.B. The deposit is refundable at the end of the tenancy subject to satisfactory condition of the property and effects.) A standing order will then be set up for the following months rent.
The deposit and first months rent in advance can be paid on the day of entry in the form of cash, bankers draft, or building society cheque. (N.B. A personal cheque is acceptable but only if FIVE working days are allowed prior to completion for the cheque to clear Absolute Property’s account. Keys will not be released ifthe cheque has not cleared).
Please note that unless otherwise agreed our Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreements are for a minimum of six months.
If a tenant has reason to leave before the period is up he/she will be liable for any outstanding rent until, and up to such time as a new tenant can be installed. Tenants will be charged the cost of arranging the new agreement.
If tenants require a new fixed tenancy after the initial tenancy period there will be a charge of £75 (plus VAT), also any revisions to the tenancy agreement should an existing tenant leave will also incur a charge of £75 plus VAT for each remaining tenant.
Tenants must ensure that all their personal belongings are insured under their own contents policy.
- Absolute Property Management Limited will charge tenants an administration charge of £35% of one month’s rent plus VAT to rent a property, have a lease drawn up on their behalf and notify services accordingly. This is a ‘one-off’ charge per property and is only refundable if the Landlord should not proceed for any reason excluding false information supplied by tenant. Referencing/credit checks are also undertaken on all guarantors, the cost of which is £25.00 plus VAT per applicant (non refundable for any reason).
- Absolute Property Management Limited will require a security deposit which is equivalent to one and a half months rent. (N.B. The deposit is refundable at the end of the tenancy less any deductions made for rent arrears and damages)
- The Tenants hereby agree to allow Absolute Property’s contractors access during the first week of tenancy to clean and ensure the property is in good order throughout. Notice will be given and access agreed when necessary.
- Keys will not be handed over to any tenants until the tenancy agreement is signed and all monies, including rent for the first month has been received. Keys can be collected between 1500 and 1700 hours on the commencement date of the tenancy.
- All students must have UK based guarantors, who have earnings in excess of £25,000 per annum.
- Tenancy Agreements must be signed by all group members within seven days of the holding fee payment date. In addition all requested monies and written confirmation of student status must be recieved within seven days of signing this agreement. Failure to do so will render this agreement null and void and the property may then be let to another group. Any monies paid by the prospective tenants will not be returned. Telephone calls chasing signatures/payments after seven days will be charged at £10.00 per phone call, at the discretion of Absolute Property Management Limited.